My mom and I made a deal while I live at home: make dinner once a week. Sounds easier than it is to think of dinner meals. I scoured Pinterest for hours a week but somehow I cannot seem to find something that will attend to all of the likes of the family. My parents seem to have complete opposite food tastes, which makes it seemingly impossible to make everyone happy. Social media seems to come in handy every now and then, since a friend on Snapchat posted their meal and reminded me of something I used to make in college that lasted me over a week and was DELICIOUS. So yummy, and definitely a comfort food. A win-win in my family. Here’s the Turkey Rigatoni Bake:
- Ground Turkey
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded Mozzarella
Spray your pan and cook both the garlic and the onion together, while boiling water in a large pot.
After cooking the garlic and onion for a few minutes, add the ground turkey. Once the water is boiling, add the rigatoni.
Once the meat is browned, add the diced tomatoes.
After about 2 minutes, add the jar of sauce and cook for 4 more minutes.
Once the pasta is done cooking, around 11 minutes, drain and put back in pot. Add the meat and sauce mix in to the pot and stir.
After mixing, pour into a sprayed 9×13 pan and top with the mozzarella. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
Recipe for Turkey Rigatoni Bake:
- 1 lb Rigatoni
- 1 jar of your fav sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small white onion
- 1 small garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil
- Shredded Mozzarella to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray pan and cook diced onion and garlic for 3 minutes. While garlic and onions are cooking, boil water in large pan.
- Add pasta to boiling water and stir.
- Add ground turkey to garlic and onions, cook until brown.
- Stir diced tomatoes with browned turkey and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add jar of sauce to turkey and tomato mix, cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and pour back into pot.
- Add turkey and tomato mix to pasta, stir to combine.
- Pour into a sprayed 9×13 pan and cover with shredded mozzarella to taste.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Broil the last few minutes to brown the cheese.