I apologize in advance for everyone trying to eat healthy in the new year, these cinnamon sugar waffles are irresistible. But, all good things come in small portions! These delicious waffles are a sweet treat that are super easy to make! And were perfect for my hangover on New Year’s Day (hence the champagne bottle in the background).
- Bisquick & ingredients (you can make homemade waffles – I went the lazy way)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- Whipped cream (optional)
Cinnamon Sugar Waffle Recipe:
- Make your waffles per the instructions on the box, or be fancy and make some homemade waffles
- For this step, I find it easiest to break apart all of the waffles into the four sections. Then, I put all of the pieces into a giant, covered Tupperware bin. By giant, I mean I use a Tupperware big enough to fit a cake.
- Pour the melted butter onto all of the waffle sections, cover the bin and shake it like a Polaroid picture! You want to evenly cover the waffles in the butter.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until well mixed. Pour onto butter-covered waffles, cover the bin, and shake again.
- Once evenly coated, top with whipped cream and enjoy!
These waffles are so darn good and I have yet to hear a complaint about them! They’re perfect when you have company over or for the kids, or when you just want to treat yo’ self.